Things I must do to complete the journey

  • My career...(Do somthing I love, not for Min. wage)
  • My Depression...(Forgiveness & Finding Joy)
  • My Spirituality...(learn to talk to God again)
  • My Lonliness...(Get yourself out there!!)
  • My Passion...(Enhance things I enjoy)
  • My Body...(make-up, clothes, hair)
  • My talents...(music, writing)
  • My health...(exercise)
  • My weight...(diet)

Monday, February 1, 2010

I have been up all night. It's now 7:00am on Monday. Why can I never rest? Even when I'm sleeping, I awaken to the covers kicked about or a stiff neck from all the tension I hold in. Sometimes I get a headache from grinding my teeth all night. My mom calls it "big eye" when this happens, but I just can't seem to stop these racing thoughts sometimes. I always try to do a word puzzle when I get into bed to slow down my thinking, which is always going non-stop. Then, I turn out the light and let my imagination drift me away into a peaceful slumber. It can be whatever my mind can think up. I can be Indiana Jones' mistress or the first woman to walk on the moon. But, sometimes, halfway through my drowsy adventures, things that have been on my mind, (things that my subconscious is supposed to work out for me overnight while I saw logs), creep in. Ignoring them won't make them go away. So, sometimes I try and work these problems into my little day-dreaming fantasies that occur pre-snooze. Every now and then, of course, they require more attention, (or don't fit into whatever storyline I have cooked up for that evening's final entertainment). So, what do I do? I get up, come downstairs, and log onto my computer. I don't think about it anymore, because, frankly, that's what my subconscious is for. No, I am basically sitting here because I'm a coward. A tired coward, but a sissy coward nonetheless. No, I won't tell you why I came down here 45 minutes ago. Maybe in a couple of months I can better deal with the thoughts that brought me down here tonight, thus making me no longer an insomniac. But, maybe in 2 months, I won't have the problems that drug me down here in the first place. Maybe my mind will be clear and easy. (If anyone is still reading this, please explain it better to me when I wake up later today)........yawn.......--Harms

No comments:

Post a Comment